TOPIC: [SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 9 months ago #58084

Misc. Details

RP Name - TheVikingGhost/Clark Townsend

Link to Steam Profile - steamcommunity.com/id/TheVikingGhost/

SteamID - STEAM_0:1:56114697

Current Gametracker Profiles

Server 1 - Server 1 Gametracker

Server 2 - Server 2 Gametracker (Side note - Server 2 is decently laggy for me, so I stick with server 1. Although of course, if necessary I can play.)

Age - 18

Estimated Server Time - I've played roughly 17 hours on server one, and not much time on server two due to the lag. I understand this is a low play time, but I encourage you to read the rest of the application before making a full judgement.

Languages I speak - English.

DarkRP Oriented Questions

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.

Random Death Match is damaging and or killing a player without having a valid roleplay or in-character reason to do so. An example of this would be Player 1 walking up to Player 2 (who is casually walking down the street unarmed) and Player 1 begins to open fire on Player 2 resulting in Player 2's death.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.

New Life Rule is a rule put in place to slow the pace of aggressive roleplay, such as base raids, by stopping players returning to the location they died at for a total of 3 minutes. For example Joe Schmo is killed within roleplay by Quade inside one of the gun stores. Joe Schmo respawns and now cannot return to that gun store until the 3 minute new life rule timer is depleted.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.

Metagaming is taking any out of character information and using it to your advantage in-characterly. For example, Player 1 says in out of character chat "Philips come meet me in at the fountain". Philips runs to the fountain area, breaking the rule because he took that information supplied out of characterly, in character. Other commands and features can be used to avoid breaking this rule, such as personal messages (PMs) or adverts.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.

I would get both players together and be sure that they both get their sides of the story across, and request any additional proof of the RDM such as a recording. While player x may believe player y has RDMed him there could have been a legitimate roleplay reason behind it. After both sides have been told and I have proper reason to believe that player y did in fact RDM player x, along with the evidence in the logs, I would issue a warning to player y for the RDM and be sure to explain to him that he isn't allowed to kill players without a proper roleplay reason, and inform him that I have evidence of the kill in the logs. After making sure player x is comfortable with the warning and communication I would let them both go back on their way, and alert other staff members that player y is a possible rule breaker, that I issued the warning for the RDM, and to keep an eye out.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.

Handling an RDM situation can be taken with a similar approach as an NLR situation, at least in my eyes. Bringing both players to me I would have both explain their sides of the story, what their locations were at the time of the kills, and for any additional proof such as recordings or screenshots. However without proof of their locations at the time of the killings means both players could have traveled away from their original positions. Being sure to successfully communicate this to both players, and after suggesting recordings in situations like this I would set both players free. Logs may not lie, but they don't always communicate the full truth.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided

After waiting for the raid to be completed (to make sure I don't interrupt the raiders or cause confusion between both of the parties) I would teleport to player x informing him that he cannot ask for help in out of character chat, as it's something happening in-characterly. If he really wants to call for assistance he can specifically message (PM) his friends or advert that the raid is happening (as long as it's within the new life rule) to alert any players participating in the bank.

Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words).

No, my playtime isn't as good as others applying. However, my experiences with Garry's Mod staffing (which can be vouched for by multiple members of this community) should prove worthy of a moderator position. In the Friendly Player's community (owned and operated by Chuteuk) I'm currently a Super Administrator on our own DarkRP server, Super Administrator of the Half Life 2:RP server, Owner of the Flood server, and Global Moderator of the forums. I've successfully held the position of Super Admin on Half Life 2:RP for over a year, as well as my Owner position of the Flood server, and accumulated close to a year of staff time on the DarkRP server. With all these positions I've dealt with hundreds, maybe thousands of rule breakings, internal issues, and community wide problems. I've learned discipline with my powers, using them only in time of need and as effectively as possible.

With my timezone being different than a good chunk of the staff team (at least from my observations) I've seen times of low staff count filled with rule breakers, and people complaining about their F1 requests not being answered. With my DarkRP experience I'm accustomed to dropping my current roleplay situation and helping out the players in need. Also, with Friendly Players not having an on duty job for staff I'm used to being in the middle of something and having to help someone in need. So, if given powers on Zarp, I'd answer F1 requests on or off duty.

Thank you for reading, and I promise to keep on my current course of activity (I'm aiming for 90 minutes or more every day) with or without moderator rank, and ask that you look past the numbers that are low now and at the reasoning and experience I have behind my application.

• Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Viking. Reason: Updated Time
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 9 months ago #58086

Super Admin on FP DarkRP, I would trust him with this rank.

+Support
  • Kpro998
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viking

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 9 months ago #58087

Nice Guy, Fun to talk to, trusted player (FP super Admin), Active and would be so useful in our staff team. +SUPPORT

Good Luck.
  • TiGzTeR
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Portuguese and Proud!
  • Thanks received: 850

I hope I helped and you can help me by thanking this post.

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 9 months ago #58088

Major +Support. He is an amazing Super Admin on Friendly Players, and showed the Friendly Players community that we can trust him with powers. If he can do so good then he can do it on Zarp.
  • Jose
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Sally Skobo is bestest frand
  • Thanks received: 162
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viking, BigNoobUsername

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 9 months ago #58089

I'm strongly gonna support this.
  • Xhantium
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex CM
  • Thanks received: 99

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 9 months ago #58090

BIG + SUPPORT
  • BrotherKenny
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • DarkRP Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 2

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 9 months ago #58124

Haha I've never seen so many + supports from super Admins on one application.

This is a great app and you are a great person that I would love to work with. Also with the amount experience that you have, you would be a great asset to have at ZARP community.

+Support

(Omg I loved the video)
  • Dcxbigdaddy
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 1178
The following user(s) said Thank You: exrobite, Viking

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 9 months ago #58140

The video!

Obviously put in a lot of effort into the app, and has proven himself for a long time at FP.

Massive support.

• Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 9 months ago #58204

Because only Super-Admins are giving him + Support, I am going to be the first Moderator here to give him + Support
Reason: What everyone else said :3

+Support
  • ScorpionOnAcid
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 452

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

Former DarkRP / TTT Moderator.

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 8 months ago #58228

WARNING: THIS WILL BE A VERY MEAN REPLY COMPARED TO THE OTHER REPLIES, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Hello, I'm replying to this Staff Application that you made, because I would like to give my feedback/opinion. This template that I've designed includes everything I need to judge you about organized properly for easy reading. I do not mean/intend to offend you in my feedback and I hope that all my criticism and compliments will be taken into consideration.

Part 1

In the first part of my feedback, I'll be judging you based on the info/design found in your application. Note: No matter if we are friends or enemies, you will be judge equally in this part.

Activity: - Support
Time on both servers: - Support
Application's Format: + Support
Application Info: + Support
Note(s) about your Application: I can see that you worked on your app by providing correct info and a readable design but you are also new to the community and need at least 50 hours on the servers.

Part 2

In this part of my feedback, I'll be judging you over my past experience with you. Note: If I don't know you enough I will just consider this part as neutral and will not judge you according to your reputation with other players/staff. I will like to explain before I continue, that the F1 Situation part will judge users on how they act in an F1 and will judge Moderator on how they deal with them.

F1 Situations: Neutral
Personality: Neutral
Matureness: Neutral
Knowledge of rules: Neural
Note(s) about you: I haven't seen you much to decide anything about you, this could be because of 3 things: you are new, different timezone or I have never noticed you before. Pm me in game if you see me, I will be looking forward to meeting you.

Summary of my opinion: Due to having the Neutrals exceed the amount of - Supports and + Supports , I will give you a Neutral . Note: My opinion can change until August 2, 2014. Thanks for applying and Good luck!

Final verdict: Neutral
  • JohnnySmith
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lower my karma if you think I'm awesome!
  • Thanks received: 236
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by JohnnySmith.

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 8 months ago #58244

JohnnySmith wrote:
but you are also new to the community and need at least 50 hours on the servers.
No offence but hes been here longer then you. Also there is no rule anywhere that states you need 50 hours.
JohnnySmith wrote:
if these are not fixed by tomorrow you will be denied without voting.
Also what? Your not a super admin you don't have the right or the place to state that an application is denied. So next time take the time to think about what your saying before you state false information.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris, GregoryTWIX, Viking, Jackelele

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 8 months ago #58254

Won't be able to vote on Saturday because I won't be at meeting, however your obviously a trusted member if your fp super admin, you've put a lot of effort into your application as well and you've had experience with everything so you have all my SUPPORT

Wish you luck! <3
  • Jackelele
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm a green ting.
  • Thanks received: 174

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 8 months ago #58342

JohnnySmith wrote:
new to the community

Slightly confused where you got your information from, but meh.

EDIT: Just saw EMP's post. Wasn't aware that was already pointed out.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Viking.

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 8 months ago #58343

Hey, if you are gonna put in the time and effort you do for FP equally then of course. Viking can be my bride one day and we shall take over mars for our own vacations and I will personally give our son a candy cane approximately 3 inches in diameter to provide adequate leverage when climbing the cranes we have placed outside on our planet of love. By reading this post you have accepted my proposal Viking xOxXx > : )

+Supporterino broski
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 8 months ago #58348

EMP wrote:
JohnnySmith wrote:
but you are also new to the community and need at least 50 hours on the servers.
No offence but hes been here longer then you. Also there is no rule anywhere that states you need 50 hours.
JohnnySmith wrote:
Also what? Your not a super admin you don't have the right or the place to state that an application is denied. So next time take the time to think about what your saying before you state false information.
He's been here longer than me but as you can see he has 17 hours on ZARP :/ and If you consider knwoing about ZARP but not playing on the server, then I've been here longer than all of you xD, because I was here before ZARP bought SRP.

ALso about the last one, that's a template so I forgot to delete the last sentence, I'll do it now.

EDIT: I would also like to say that when I made this post I didn't Know FP belonged to Chuteuk, but I still think he needs more time on the server, he has 17 hours. I understand he has prooven himself on FP and to you guys, but I have my opinion, I haven't seen him before and his hours are low even though he joined almost 1 year ago :/
  • JohnnySmith
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 8 months ago #58349

JohnnySmith wrote:
EMP wrote:
JohnnySmith wrote:
JohnnySmith wrote:
He's been here longer than me but as you can see he has 17 hours on ZARP :/ and If you consider knwoing about ZARP but not playing on the server, then I've been here longer than all of you xD, because I was here before ZARP bought SRP.

ALso about the last one, that's a template so I forgot to delete the last sentence, I'll do it now.

EDIT: I would also like to say that when I made this post I didn't Know FP belonged to Chuteuk, but I still think he needs more time on the server, he has 17 hours. I understand he has prooven himself on FP and to you guys, but I have my opinion, I haven't seen him before and his hours are low even though he joined almost 1 year ago :/
What screen shot is that?
And what are you talking about Zarp buying SRP I honestly have no clue what your talking about.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 8 months ago #58350

Well, I don't think most of you know this but zarp bought srp for some reason and gave all the guys who had been staff and super admins vip. I also remember ZARP when it had 1 server and a free website :/

Edit: What I'm trying to say is, he has been here for a year but he's inactive :/
Just like I've known the community since it started but was inactive as well
Not trying to brag sorry if it seems that way!
  • JohnnySmith
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 8 months ago #58352

That never happened..
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 8 months ago #58353

It was at the start of the community if i remember correctly, I know this because a friend of mine who was SA on SRP told me the story anyway I'm not sure if my memory is damaged but I'm pretty sure I remember zarp having 2 servers, golf karts, one of the maps had a working train, smgs with actual smg gernades and other shit, like the printers that exist now, a similar F1 system, I also remember zart giving away hl2 weapons to defend him from cops :/
Not sure how long ago that was but i'm pretty sure over a year ago
I also think my cousin has screenshots of us in zarp but that's not my point here, all I'm trying to say is that he needs more time on the server :P

EDIT: Lets forget I said anything cause I don't want this to go off topic
  • JohnnySmith
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Moderator] TheVikingGhost 9 years 8 months ago #58373

Finally, an application with the correct definition of RDM :p You wont believe how happy I am right now, literally all other applications have a slightly wrong definition... The rest of the application seems fine too.

I've seen you before ingame and you seem like a very nice guy, and we do need someone experienced like you on ZARP, therefore my verdict is +SUPPORT

Btw I'm looking forward to playing with you on FP someday :)
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

263 PLAYERS ONLINE